All members of the Vancouver Island Fire Protection Association agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct. This Code defines our outlook, our dedication to our communities, and our desire to constantly improve our industry.
Each Vancouver Island Fire Protection Association Member Shall:
- Be dedicated to the safety of the public from fire, in all aspects of their fire alarm work;
- Adhere to all applicable fire alarm codes, standards, and by-laws in all areas of fire protection including design, manufacture, application, installation, verification, maintenance servicing and
promotion of fire alarm systems;
- Only perform fire alarm services and/or render opinions for which they have qualification and
- Be honest and truthful in all dealings;
- Behave in a manner that upholds the principles and integrity of the Vancouver Island Fire Protection Association;
- Support the education of industry participants concerning advances in Life Safety and Fire Alarm;
- Promote the Goals and Objectives of the Vancouver Island Fire Protection Association, and
- both refrain from and discourage others from the misuse of its name and logo.